Skip To Main Content

Working Papers

The Pennsylvania Child Labor Law (CLL) was enacted to "provide for the health, safety, and welfare of minors by forbidding their employment or work in certain establishments and occupations, and under certain specified ages." The CLL requires minors to obtain work permits prior to beginning work.

Anyone age 14-17 who is interested in applying for a job needs to have a completed work permit.  Work permit applications can be found here and, once completed, turned in at the High School office or emailed to  Once the application is received, the work permit will be issued to the learner. Anyone who is issued a work permit will need to sign the work permit in person at the Pequea Valley High School office. Learners that are not enrolled at Pequea Valley need to provide proof of age at the time of completing the application.

Complete information regarding working permits and child labor laws can be found on the Department of Education website.